The annual Lien I-Nan Scholarship will provide up to a US$ 2,000 scholarship for each foreign applicant (maximal 4) who attends rehabilitation related training programs held in Taiwan.
Applicants for the Lien I-Nan Scholarship must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants for the Lien I-Nan Scholarship must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must have both a M.D. degree and board of physiatrist in his/her own country.
- Applicant must own a foreign citizenship and work in a hospital outside Taiwan.
- Applicant must be fluent in English, Mandarin or Taiwanese.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited training program of rehabilitation medicine in Taiwan for at least one month.
- The applicant should not work as a full-time employee after finishing the training program for this scholarship.
- Applicant shall not have, or subsequently receive, any other scholarship which, when combined with the Lien I-Nan Scholarship, would provide a stipend greater than the applicant’s expenses (such as housing, books, lab fees, etc.)estimated by the educational institution the applicant is attending.
How to apply
Applicants should provide a completed application form, approval letter of training institute in Taiwan, and C.V., which must be received at the office of Lien I-Nan Foundation for Promotion of Education and Research in Rehabilitation Medicine by Oct. 30 deadline for consideration for the scholarship next year. Applicants should email or mail their scholarship applications to the Foundation office, attention of Executive Director Dr. Wen-Shiang Chen. No faxed scholarship applications will be accepted.
- Completed application form with a recent photograph (passport photo)
- A recommendation letter from your academic supervisor or the director.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Photocopy of diplomas for your degree in medicine (M.D.).
- Diplomas’ photocopy for the board of physiatrist in your own country.
- Photocopy of qualified licenses.
- Employment Certificate.
- Photocopy of your passport (the page containing personal information and photograph.
Lien I-Nan Foundation for Promotion of Education and Research in Rehabilitation Medicine Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, National Taiwan University Hospital
No. 7, Chung-San S Rd., Taipei 100, Taiwan